Thursday, October 12, 2017

Kudos And Corrections

A visitor comments,
I’ve been reading you current and past entriies with interest and have found them very informative and often prescient.

Just a couple of corrections/quibbles:

  • You’ve used the word, platen, a few times when I believe you meant paten
  • When Fr. Z he uses the term, fishwrap, aka the National Schismatic Reporter, he is referring to the National Catholic Reporter and not the National Catholic Register. I noticed that you also used the fishwrap term for the National Catholic Register. Perhaps this was intentional, I don’t know. However, the Register is generally considered an accurate, conservative paper; the Reporter is not.
With the help of Blogger search, I've gone back and fixed "paten", a little surprised at how much I did this. The Reporter vs Register I'll have to do later, since it will probably involve searching the original links.

I appreciate the compliment -- my traffic has steadily increased, but I'm particularly grateful for all the recent visits from President Putin and his operatives! Perhaps it's part of his latest plan to undermine the West via President Trump, huh?

One issue that's sparked my interest lately is exactly what's in the Divine Worship mass, where it comes from, and why. I'm starting to wonder whether, instead of being a careful product of liturgical study, there's something slapdash about it -- a little 1549 here, a little 1928 there -- which I'm afraid would not be inconsistent with what I've seen of how Anglicanorum coetibus has been implemented overall.

If anyone has access to Divine Worship: The Missal and can pass on short segments of the mass that might be of interest, I'll welcome any contributions. US copyright law allows "fair use" of short passages (such as the Prayers of Humble Access and Thanksgiving I linked earlier this week) for the purpose of comment.

I'm going to be very busy with personal matters for the next several days and may not be able to post until next week.

UPDATE: The references to the Fishwrap have all been corrected.